aStore - amazon.com

Saturday, June 12, 2010

try my hand at something new

Oooh... this is slow going... typing with one hand! Anyways...
Canon EOS 450D... brilliant camera! So far I have not found anything wrong with it! But then, I'm still learning! Like - I haven't worked out how to get the live view bit to do it's thing... but who needs that?!

It takes better pictures than my Pentax Optio 33LF... but then again my Pentax is about 7 years old(something like that)! The poor thing has been dropped, kicked, left out in the damp grass (once) overnight and treated as a chew toy and it still goes! Well mostly goes! It is dying - hence the need for a new camera!

I'd had my eye on Canon EOS cameras for a while after my sister showed me hers! And I finally got the money to buy the one I have! I was so excited! I couldn't wait for the battery to be charged! I got an
8gb memory card to go with it and in a few short hours I had filled it! Computer nearly had a heart attack... it had only ever dealt with 128mb or 256mb memory cards!

I was happy to be able to customize things like the monochrome settings - with my Pentax I could only set it to a setting and any changes that needed to be made had to be done on the computer! I must admit that I've had to learn shutter speed, white balance (or lack thereof), f stop or aperture or whatever that f number is actually called, and ISO! A happy learning curve!

Sadly - right now I cant really use it except when it's on my tripod... wrist issues! I hate wrist issues! Cant hold it with my right hand for fear of fingers deciding not to work and therefore drop the camera! Also finding it slightly painful to push the shutter button... but again, that is no fault of the camera!

Yes the 450D is heavier than my Pentax - but I'd expect that! I have had the dis-pleasure of holding and trying to use heavier cameras... no thanks! The only time it's weight becomes an issue is when my wrist plays up! Then the tripod comes in handy!

Another thing I like about my 450D... I have RAW images! Larger and better quality than JPG! Only downside with them is they take up more room on a disk! Small price to pay for better quality images! Although three DVD disks of images per month of Onjahlika! Basically I could make a movie of her life with the number of photos I have! Will I stop taking that many photos of her? Probably not! There are plenty of parents and step parents to give photos to!

I like my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment