aStore - amazon.com

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

torrington/blatherarm

I just love my camera... we were out the other day... I was taking photos while Gav and Ian were digging holes looking for that ever elusive gem stone! I told my lovely husband that I had taken a mere 71 photos... his response was... "only?" Then I asked him how many rolls of film that equated to! I am so very glad I have a digital camera! Not saying that film cameras are bad - actually in my opinion you need to be a very good photographer to use a film camera!

I also have a question to ask... why is it that some people would prefer a compact camera over an SLR (digital or not)? I have talked with some people who have downsized from an SLR to a compact for ease of portability! Maybe I'm just weird in taking my camera wherever I go regardless of it's size!

Maybe I'm still thinking very much black and white... if you are taking photos then you want good photos... to get the best photos you can you use an SLR camera where you can tweak the settings and what not for the best outcome! Therefore why use a compact camera that gives you less control over your images? Therefore the photos need to be "fixed" in something like photoshop... Maybe I'm just screwed up or got it all wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment